RECOMMENDED RUNNING-IN PROCEDURE
FOR THE LYNX / MAXI / LEOPARD TAB (FORMULA BLUE) ENGINES
- Mix up 5 Litres of Super unleaded fuel with Castrol R 40 oil ( or a very similar Castor oil) at a ratio of 280 ml of oil to 5 L of Fuel. Shake vigorously to mix up well.
- Fill the Kart tank with the R40 fuel mixture and run-in on the circuit as follows using `rich` carburettor settings (see section 3 directly below):
- 5 minutes at 8,000 revs;
- 5 minutes at 10.000 revs;
- 5 minutes at 12.000 revs;
- 5 minutes at 14,000;
- 5 minutes at full revs but running `rich` on carburettor main jet setting. Thereafter, gradually bring the main jet setting into the optimum position.
- The Recommended carburettor approximate settings:
|LYNX||Slow running jet: 1 + ¼ turns out||Main jet: 1 + ¼ to 1 + ½ turns out|
|Slow running jet: 1 + ¼ turns out||Main jet: 1 + 3/8 to 1 + ¾ turns out|
|The carburetor setting is dependent upon
weather conditions and restrictor size.
- If you are running in your engine in cold weather conditions, ensure that from 12.000 revs onwards that the engine comes up to a minimum temperature of 50 degrees Centigrade. This can be achieved by adding/removing strips of tank tape on the face of the radiator ( facing the on-coming air flow)
- Once run-in, continue using the remainder of R40 mixed fuel. Thereafter, as required, mix Castrol A747 oil with fuel at a mix of 250ml of oil to 5 litres of fuel. There is no need to drain out any remaining R40 mix, just top up as required with the Castrol A747 fuel mix.
Should you need any more information please contact.
Ron Shone at Tabor Karting 01305 774074 or email@example.com