FORMULA BLUE RULES
GUIDELINES & INTERPRETATIONS
2017 REGULATIONS FOR FORMULA BLUE
CLARIFICATION OF REGULATIONS (BOX STOCK CLASS)
‘Box stock’, means that all items/ units involved must have come out of the ‘box’ as originally supplied by TABOR. In the case of replacement items, they must be identified as the same as those within the ‘box’. ‘Stock’, means unmodified and unaltered in any way and to be identical to a replacement item available from ‘stock’ supply of TABOR.
NO ENGINE MODIFICATIONS ALLOWED WHATSOEVER.
- ALL FUNCTIONS TO BE AS DESIGNED AND INTENDED.
- IGNITION / CHARGING SYSTEM TO BE IN FULL AND CONSTANT OPERATION.
- NO EXTERNAL / INDEPENDENT METHOD OF STARTING ENGINE. WITH THE EXCEPTION OF AN EXTERNAL STARTING UNIT, WHICH MAY BE USED ONCE ONLY DURING THE RACE DAY.(excluding practice)
- NO MODIFICATION TO WATER PUMP.
- NO MODIFICATION TO CARBURETTOR OR INTERNAL PARTS.
- CARB JET OPERATIONS FREE. (a small washer or similar may be fastened to the slow running jet, for ease of operation.)
- BORE = 50.12 to 50.46 (LYNX) 54.0 to 54.28 (MAXI ; LEOPARD)Stroke – Lynx 50mm; Maxi 52mm; Leopard 54mm
- OPERATIONAL TOLERANCES -END FLOAT – FREE, BORE CLEARANCE – FREE, SQUISH-FREE.
ONLY OFFICIAL / MARKED PARTS TO BE ALLOWED AS INDICATED.
SPECIFIC PARTS – IDENTIFICATION & / or MARKING
- REED BLOCK – IAME;
- REED PETAL – 0.3mm (minimum) FIBRE (IAME VISIBLE)
- SPROCKET – 10 t
- PUMP-IAME or R &R; RADIATOR – IAME TaG; ORIGINAL HOZE ONLY, THERMOSTATIC & / OR T& INLINE VALVES ALLOWED. , BUT WITHOUT THE USE OF A BYPASS.
- L/E & B/E CAGE – As Original
- SEAL – IAME C 5206
- MAIN BEARING – ORS 6205 C4 TN1 or SKF 6205 ETN9 / C4
- CYLINDER BASE GASKET – IAME 0.4 (0.4 minimum )
- CARB – UNMODIFIED-TILLOTSON HL 360A – currently only Batch no’s 224; 335; 341; 517 & 725 , 940 – plus new sequentially marked ones, are eligible from 1.5 2017 until 31.12.2017. From 1.1.2018 only the sequentially marked carburettors may be used.
- Inlet spring as original ( 12.4mm long + or – 0.5 )
- CARB GASKET SET – DG1HL; INLET KIT – RK120 HL or RK 102HL
(The black carb flange gasket as supplied in the Tillotson RK120HL & RK 102HL kit may NOT be used – only the official Lynx part may be used.
- FUEL FILTER – TILLOTSON FUEL STRAINER ONLY (FS-1-P)
- BATTERY – 12v – 7.2 ah or 9 ah ( FGH 20902, FGHL 20902 or 12FGH36 ) Original battery box and clamps only – to be located on the chassis to the left of the seat.
- CARB / NOISE BOX MANIFOLD as original only
- CYLINDER, CLUTCH & DRUM, CRANK CASE, PISTON, IGNITION & ECU (matched rotor & stator) must be original & sequentially marked, (where fitted during race weekend – scrutineer to be advised in writing prior to race use). Only connecting leads for tacho, temperature and lap times may be used on dataloggers. NO other leads (whether connected on not) may be fitted to the kart.
- Starter motor – as original, date code & / or IAME marked on case.
ANODISED BLUE – REED BLOCK
ANODISED BLUE – CYLINDER HEAD (LYNX)
ANODISED GREEN – CYLINDER HEAD (MAXI)
ANODISED BLACK – CYLINDER HEAD (LEOPARD)
Please ensure when purchasing spare or replacement parts that they are correct and identifiable. In the event of the purchase of a used engine or carburettor it is recommended that the unit is checked by TABOR prior to purchase/use, to ensure it is race legal.
TYRES – BEBA Slick: BBB TAB Wet; Wet TAB; Tyres may be impounded if thought to be `doped`
2017 RULES , Weights and Restrictor info.
|140kg||GOLD TAB L|
|150kg||65 kg||RED TAB N|
|160kg||75 kg||BLUE TAB 21/2/L||GOLD TAB L|
|170kg||85 kg||“||RED TAB N|
|180kg||95 kg||“||BLUE TAB 21/ L/ M||RED TAB N|
|190kg||105 kg||“||“||BLUE TAB 21 / L / M|
FB1.0 Group Formula Libre
FB1.1 Class Formula Blue
Affiliation Commercial: Tabor
FB1.2 Introduction. A box stock economy/Club Class using liquid cooled TaG racing engines. The control of the class regulations rests with Tabor.
FB1.3 Chassis. Must conform to MSA Yearbook regulations.
FB1.4 Engine. Lynx Tabor Tag, Maxi Tabor Tag & Leopard Tabor Tag 2 stroke, liquid cooled engine. These engines must conform to the UK importers specifications as lodged and agreed with the MSA. Its function must remain in the condition as intended and designed. No other modifications or alterations are permitted except where expressly allowed. The engine must be raced in standard form as manufactured. Filing, grinding, polishing, surface treating, machining or lightening of any component is forbidden unless otherwise stated. The addition of material to any component is not allowed unless otherwise stated. All parts used in or on this engine must be of original manufacture or source except where expressly allowed. The following parts must be marked and be sequential numbered by the Importer (Tabor): cylinder, crank case, clutch, clutch drum, ignition (matched rotor and stator), piston, ECU. These sequentially marked numbers must be recorded with the importers (TABOR) prior to racing. Where replacement is required during race day, then the scrutineer must be advised in print prior to race use. The engine is to be used with airbox, carburettor, water pump, radiator, wiring loom, ignition system and exhaust system as supplied by the manufacturer. The ignition/alternator unit must be in operation at all times and the timing must be within the pre-set parameters. Maximum bore Lynx 50.46 and Maxi or Leopard 54.28. The battery must be fitted within the metal enclosure as supplied and mounted on the left hand chassis rail using original specification brackets/clamps. A plastic battery box clamp protector, not wider than 40 mm, may be used when fitted immediately in front of the battery box. The starter unit with engine cut out switch is to be located on the Nassau panel or on a bracket fitted to the steering column locating frame directly in front of the seat, within easy reach of the driver. Starting system must be on-board system as supplied; no additional starting equipment can be fitted or used. In the event of a starter motor failure, each competitor may use an external hand held starter, once only during the race day. This starter unit must be made available to all competitors and located at the front of the ‘dummy grid’. Side pods may incorporate a suitable hole, with a maximum diameter of 50mm on the external face, for the starter shaft. Engine eligibility will be determined by the NKRA Eligibility Scrutineer with support and advice from the Importer (Tabor).
Only the following plugs may be used. Bosch WCS; Champion N, NG, NR; Denso WEN, WEPT, WES-GU, Motacraft AG, AGX. NGK; BEG, BEV, BEGV, BEGP, BREG, EIX Heat range is free.
The radiator must be fitted to the left hand side of the kart using standard hoses and connections. Fitting of helicoils and inserts to repair damaged threads is allowed, providing such repairs are not used to derive any benefit other than rectification of damage. The use of thermal barrier coatings/ceramic coatings on or in the engine or exhaust system is not allowed. Blanking of the radiator is free providing it does not necessitate modification of the original components other than by simple attachment. Minor repairs to the radiator are allowed. No advertising is allowed on the engine whatsoever, with the exception of a 40mm x 20mm maximum decal on the front face of the cylinder.
UNLESS IT STATES THAT YOU CAN DO IT YOU CANNOT!!!
FB1.4.1 Carburettor. Tillotson HL360A unmodified. No added/extra components of any description that could affect airflow between the mouth of the carburettor and the reed block may be used. The inlet spring must be as original, unmodified and of the same length. Gasket set DG 1HL, inlet set RK120HL or RK102HL. An official carburettor restrictor must be used. See below.
A Tillotson fuel filter, FS1, may be used but must be visibly fitted in the fuel line within 20cm of the carburettor. No other fuel filter is allowed.
FB1.5 General Equipment. While taking part in racing or official practice only a revolution counter, lap timer, or temperature gauge may be fitted. All equipment designed for measuring data that can be transmitted either mechanically or electronically to another receiver either during or after motion is prohibited. This applies whether the capacity to do so has been permanently removed (by anyone other than the manufacturer or official importer), or not. All sensors and related wiring and
brackets relating to such equipment must be removed from the kart for racing and official practice. The exception to this is where officially sanctioned cameras and/or transponders and/or dummy camera units are required by the organisers of the race meeting.
FB1.6 Tyres. Dry: BEBA Race Runner BBB TAB 10×4.50-5; 11×7.10-5
Wet: BEBA Wet Runner TAB 10×4.00-5 or 10×4.00-5 (wide); 11×6.00-5
Notes: Driver minimum weights are race weight with racewear as U17.29.6 (helmet, racesuit, gloves and boots only).
Minimum driver weight for any driver under the age of 16 as per U15.3.2 is 46kg.
FB1.8 Plates. Yellow number plates with black numbers. U17.27 applies.
FB1.9 Age. The class is open to any driver aged 16 or over. A junior may transfer to this senior class at any time during the year that he/she achieves their sixteenth birthday, subject to U15.2.1 of the MSA Yearbook. A holder of a Kart National ‘A’ licence may transfer to this class from their 15th birthday, subject to the minimum weight in FB1.7
FB1.10 Retail Price. The maximum retail price for the complete engine excluding carburettor and exhaust – tba.
FB1.11 Engine. Tabor reserves the right to amend restrictor sizes should performance require adjustment on safety grounds and to preserve comparable kart performance.
FB1.12 For further clarification on regulations, please view guidelines and interpretations sheet obtainable from the Importer Tabor Karting as displayed on “www.planetkarting.co.uk”, then “race class info” menu tab, then “Formula Blue” drop down menu.