N.K.R.A. CHAMPIONSHIPS INFO.
NATIONAL KART RACING ASSOCIATION
THE REGIONAL & NATIONAL
CLUBMAN’S KART RACING CHAMPIONSHIP 2020
CLASSES: CADET HONDA; CADET IAME; MINIMAX; Jnr. BLUE;
FORMULA BLUE; ROTAX MAX.
For more information / Championship regulations etc. please go to the NKRA CHAMPIONSHIPS menu at the top or click here
Some of you will have competed in previous NKRA Clubman’s Championships, some of you will have heard of the NKRA but are not really sure why it exists The NKRA would like to inform you and invite you to join in our 2020 Championship.
- For 28 years, the NKRA has organised a Championship that is accessible to all, with minimum extra costs over and above ordinary club racing.
- Regional Championships take place over five rounds and are divided into Southern England & Wales & Northern England & Wales. Any driver in the following classes can enter – Cadet Honda, IAME Cadet, Minimax, Junior Blue, Formula Blue & Rotax Max.
Cadet Honda, Junior Blue & Formula Blue go forward to the National Finals where they compete over one weekend for the title of NKRA National Champion.
- The Grande Finals rotate between clubs in each of the regions. This year CLAY PIGEON will be the host for 2020. ( for the Blue classes & Honda Cadet)
- The registration cost for 2020 is £ 75
- All in fees ( race entry and Sat. practice etc. ) are limited by agreement with the participating clubs to Club Members Fees (When paid in advance)
- Top drivers in Junior Blue and Formula Blue will be able to display Nationally recognised numbers at NKRA clubs, during the following year
- The NKRA Championships are not commercially owned – all the funds received go back into the Championship and its trophies.
If you would like to race in a Clubman’s Championship that does not cost the earth; if the possibility of racing at new circuits sounds exciting; if you would like to be a Regional and then National Champion – ENTER NOW! The NKRA Clubman’s Championship is just what you need.
All Classes may be subject to a minimum national entry of 10
(CLASSES FOR 2020 – CADET HONDA, CADET IAME, MINIMAX, JUNIOR BLUE, FORMULA BLUE, ROTAX MAX)
NKRA aim to run a National Championship to give the club driver a Championship that will not cost a fortune to do – we try to organise rounds within ordinary Club meetings that should not involve large entry fees, travel costs etc. We will again run a Southern Championship a Northern Championship & a Scottish Championship, offering superb trophies for each Championship. Qualifiers will be invited to attend our Grande Final (alternating between The North and the South, depending on the yearly involvement/amount of entries in each area), where the best from North England & Wales and South England & Wales will meet. The overall Winners receive magnificent trophies and awards and prizes…..
The Cost to You
The registration fee to join the Championship is £75. ( £70) If you pay by the end of November 2019. These NKRA Championship rounds take place within the race weekend at Club events. As such there are no extra fees. The only fee you pay for the weekend’s racing is that of Club Members rates, which covers both Saturday practice and Sunday’s racing. The only stipulation is that the Sunday race entry fee must be paid in advance no later that 7 days before the event.
How Is It Scored?
There are five qualifying rounds. The best four of which count towards Regional Championship. In the event of a tie, the dropped scores will come into Play. The Grande Final is held over two days, Saturday and Sunday. Competitors will be given 3 penalty points for each regional round in which they did not compete, these will count towards their overall score in the Grande Final, the competitor may receive a maximum of twelve points. (At these Grande Finals the lowest score wins)
- Pole 0 points;
- 2nd= points,
- 3rd = 3 points etc
- 4th = 4 points and so on……..
- to last place starter.
`B` Finalists carry on from end of `A` (eg. if 20 + 4 on grid in `A` , then `B` Final winner placed to back of `A` scores 21; 2nd =22; 3rd = 23 4th = 24; 5th in `B` Final scores 25; etc to last place) Race Results score: 1st = 0 points; 2nd = 2 points; 3 = 3points & so on to last place finisher, non qualifying `B` Finals carry on 1 point after last place in `A` Final. e.g. if 24 in `A` Final with 4 having moved up from `B` then 5th in `B` scores 25 points; 6th = 26 points etc.) Exclusions from Final = 50 points. Non attendance = 100 points. Thus 50 % of total score is dependant upon the race Result & 50 % upon qualification, allowing drivers who have poor heats or a problem in the final to still achieve a score.