N.K.R.A. CHAMPIONSHIP INFO.
NATIONAL KART RACING ASSOCIATION
THE REGIONAL & NATIONAL
CLUBMAN’S KART RACING CHAMPIONSHIP 2022
CLASSES: CADET HONDA; MINIMAX; Jnr. BLUE;
FORMULA BLUE; ROTAX MAX.
For more information / Championship regulations etc. please go to the NKRA CHAMPIONSHIPS menu at the top or click here
Some of you will have competed in the previous NKRA Clubman’s Championship and some will have heard of the NKRA but are not familiar with this Championship. The NKRA would like to inform you and invite you to join in our 2022 Championship.
- For 30 years, the NKRA has organised a Championship that is accessible to all, with minimum extra costs over and above ordinary club racing.
- Regional Championships take place within Southern England & Wales & Northern England & Wales. Any driver in the following classes can enter – Cadet Honda, Minimax, Junior Blue, Formula Blue & Rotax Max.
Cadet Honda, Junior Blue & Formula Blue go forward to the National Finals where they compete over one weekend for the title of NKRA National Champion.
- The Grande Finals rotate between clubs in each of the regions. This year FOREST EDGE will be the host for 2022 ( for HONDA CADET, JUNIOR BLUE & FORMULA BLUE )
- The registration cost for 2022 is £ 80
- Race & Practice fees are limited by agreement with the participating clubs to Club Members Fees (When the entry is paid in advance)
- Top drivers in Junior Blue and Formula Blue will be able to display Nationally recognised numbers at NKRA clubs, during the following year
- The NKRA Championships are not commercially owned – all the funds received go back into the Championship and its trophies.
If you would like to race in a Clubman’s Championship that does not cost the earth; if the possibility of racing at new circuits sounds exciting; if you would like to be a Regional and then National Champion – ENTER NOW! The NKRA Clubman’s Championship is just what you need.
All Classes may be subject to a minimum entry of 10
(CLASSES FOR 2021 – CADET HONDA, MINIMAX, JUNIOR BLUE, FORMULA BLUE, ROTAX MAX)
NKRA aim to run a National Championship to give the club driver a Championship that will not cost a fortune to do – we try to organise rounds within ordinary Club meetings that should not involve large entry fees, travel costs etc. We will again run a Southern Championship a Northern Championship & a Scottish Championship, offering superb trophies for each Championship. Qualifiers will be invited to attend our Grande Final (alternating between The North and the South, depending on the yearly involvement/amount of entries in each area), where the best from North England & Wales and South England & Wales will meet. The overall Winners receive magnificent trophies and awards and prizes…..
The Cost to You
The registration fee to join the Championship is £80. ( £70 If you pay by the end of December 2021 ) These NKRA Championship rounds take place within the race weekend at Club events. As such there are no extra fees. The only fee you pay for the weekend’s racing is that of Club Members rates, which covers both Saturday practice and Sunday’s racing. The only stipulation is that the Sunday race entry fee must be paid in advance no later than 7 days before the event.
How Is It Scored?
All qualifying round score for the championship ( there is however, a 1 round drop option). In the event of a tie, the dropped score will come into Play. The Grande Final is held over two days, Saturday practice and Sunday Race Day. Competitors will be given 3 penalty points for each regional round in which they did not compete(less the drop option) these will count towards their overall score in the Grande Final. At these Grande Finals the lowest score wins.
- Pole 0 points;
- 2nd= points,
- 3rd = 3 points etc
- 4th = 4 points and so on……..
- to last place starter.
`B` Finalists carry on from end of `A` (eg. if 20 + 4 on grid in `A` , then `B` Final winner placed to back of `A` scores 21; 2nd =22; 3rd = 23 4th = 24; 5th in `B` Final scores 25; etc to last place) Race Results score: 1st = 0 points; 2nd = 2 points; 3 = 3points & so on to last place finisher, non qualifying `B` Finals carry on 1 point after last place in `A` Final. e.g. if 24 in `A` Final with 4 having moved up from `B` then 5th in `B` scores 25 points; 6th = 26 points etc.) Exclusions from Final = 50 points. Non attendance = 100 points. Thus 50 % of total score is dependant upon the race Result & 50 % upon qualification, allowing drivers who have poor heats or a problem in the final to still achieve a score.