Highlights of the action in the Formula Blue Class 2019 BLUE CHALLENGE, Final Round at Forest Edge on 4th August.
Competitors are advised that entries for round 3 of the 2 Counties Kart Club Championship to be held at the Clay Pigeon Raceway on September 8th, are now open to enter on-line.
The entry list will close at midnight on Saturday, 31st August. Entries received after the closing date may still be accepted but will be given a rear of grid start and pay non-members fees.
To enter on-line please CLICK HERE
Freddie Baker and Anthony Cleal tie up 2019 NATIONAL KART RACING ASSOCIATION CHAMPIONSHIP. Despite not racing at the final round at Forest Edge circuit, Freddie Baker had kept his overall score to a minimum, such that he was still able to take the champs in Cadet Honda.
It was a similar story in the Formula Blue Class where Cleal could not be overtaken barring an unfortunate incident involving his exclusion. The winner in this final round with pole and flag scores was David Watts, this promoted him into 2nd overall behind Cleal. Second, on the day was Taylor Waldron, whose efforts secured him 4th overall. Russell O’Neill finished 3rd and was rewarded with a series 5th place ahead of Toby Cook and Serita Shone in 6th and 7th respectively.
With the Regionals now completed, all attention turns to the NKRA Grande finals, which is set for September 1st at the Forest Edge circuit.
For the updated Final Regional Results please go to the results page on this www.planetkarting.uk website or CLICK HERE
Formula Blue rankings going into the Grande Final at the FOREST EDGE CIRCUIT ON 1st SEPTEMBER.
As per. regulation. 220.127.116.11 the finalised scores for Formula Blue are now posted to ‘ensure competitors are aware of their overall points and requirements going into the Grande Final’
Please see NKRA page on this site or CLICK HERE
Competitors are advised that entries for the NKRA GRANDE FINALS, to be held at Forest Edge on 1st September are now open to enter on-line.
The entry list will close at midnight on Wednesday August 21st. Entries received after the closing date may still be accepted but will be given a rear of grid start and pay non-members fees, plus any additional late entry fees.
NKRA GRANDE FINALS, 1st September 2019 at the Forest Edge Race Circuit. Additional Supplementary Regulations for NKRA Grande Final Competitors
- The following NKRA classes are accepted for the meeting – Honda Cadets and Formula Blue.
- Formula Blue will have 4 heats and a Final. Grid positions will be computer-generated, to produce equality in the heats. Cadet Honda will be as per the Forest Edge Club supplementary regulations.
- The entry fee for the weekend is £ 85. Entries for the meeting will open on the issue of these regulations and close 10 days prior to the event, on Wednesday 21st August. Late entries may be accepted but will be placed at the rear of the grid for each heat and be charged non-members fees and any applicable late entry fee.
- Withdrawal after the closing date will result in the full entry fee being charged. Withdrawal before the closing date will result in a £ 20 admin charge.
- NKRA trophies will be awarded on a 1 in 4 basis, as per the NKRA Sporting Regulations. Trophies on the day ( first over the line) as per Forest Edge K.C. SR’s.
The Regional Trophy Presentation will be held at Race Control on Saturday
from 15 minutes after the last practice session of the day.
- TYRES: as per MSA regulations (For Formula Blue, for details – please view race class info. page on www. planetkarting.co.uk). Tyres are limited to one dry set per meeting. Wet tyres are unrestricted. Formula Blue Tyres will be by compulsory controlled purchase and will be available on Saturday afternoon, the exact time and area for collection to be notified at the event. Tyres collected on Saturday must be returned to the area as designated on the day, in a secure tyre bag, and deposited between 5. 30 pm and 6.30 pm on Saturday evening. Sunday – these tyres will be available for collection on Sunday morning between 8.00 am – 8.30 am.
- Post-race scrutineering will take place as normal, however, if deemed necessary by the scrutineer, the first 3 will be taken to the importers for a more detailed inspection by the eligibility scrutineer. The driver, or an elected representative, will be able to be present. In this event, all results, announced on the day, are deemed provisional until all aspects of scrutineering are completed.
David Watts, who has come so close all year, pulled it off in the Final Round of the Formula BLUE CHALLENGE, held at Forest Edge on 4th August. His determination showed through as he converted his Pole position into the Win! Behind him, a battle ‘Royale’ took place between Taylor Waldron, Russell O’Neill and reigning champion Anthony Cleal. The lap times of the four separated by only tenths of a second. In the end, it was Taylor Waldron who crossed the line under half a second ahead of Russell O’Neill. He, in turn, was pursued by Cleal, a mere 0.2 seconds behind. Toby Cook who had to catch this group, having started a grid row behind was also only 0.2 seconds off. This led to an incredible race, during the last few laps and the ultimate scramble for the line. O’Neill completed a stunning day’s racing by winning the Master sub-group from Cleal, the ultimate Master! Robin Stoddart-Stones also had a good day finishing in 3rd position.
Cleal did, however, take the Veteran group from Stoddart-Stones with Paul Alexander finishing in 3rd place.
In the Legend section, Stoddart-Stones was supreme in beating David Goode with an underperforming Ron Shone trailing home in 3rd place.
Rob Mortimore, coming to grips with his New Kart and running ‘rich’, following an engine re-build, still breezed the top Weight group. Once again a ‘Lame’ Ron shone finished 2nd.
With a welcome break now available to the Blue racers, soon the attention will be focused on the National Kart Racing Association Grande Finals, which this year is on 1st September at the Forest Edge circuit.
Russell O’Neill won the Forest Edge August round of the TABOR Championships, increasing his lead at the front. Robin Stoddart-Stones finished 2nd on the day and maintains his 5th overall place. 3rd in the race was Serita Shone who, as a consequence, remains in 2nd in the Championship, ahead of Anthony Cleal and David Goode. There is now the summer break with competitors back in action at the beginning of September.
For more details up-date positions please view the results page on www.planetkarting.uk
or PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK
Highlights of the action in the Formula Blue Class, 2019 TWO COUNTIES CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND 2 AT FOREST EDGE ON 7th JULY.
TO VIEW THE ACTION CLICK HERE
Tabor Karting will be in attendance, as usual, with their mobile shop at the Forest Edge Race Meeting on Friday, Saturday and Sunday 3rd & 4th August 2019, for Round 5 of the NKRA Champs and Round 8 of the Blue Challenge.
Competitors requiring tyres and/or specific spares for this event, please order and purchase your requirements in advance (Tel 01305 774074) by 12 noon on Wednesday, 31st July ready for collection at the circuit on the race weekend.